The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

Thursday, May 15, 2008

This book is a work of historical fiction. In 1909 Sigmund Freud visited the United States for his first and last time. He returned to Vienna thereafter declaring it a land of savages. We really proved him wrong nearly 100 years later. American Gladiators is coming back.

This book is about Freud and his psychoanalytical friends working together to solve a murder that has taken place during their visit. Rubenfeld does tie in a few of basic principles of Freud's contribution to psychology which may benefit some. This way you can have this pseudo sense of intellectual stimulation while you are reading what really is the simplest of murder mysteries. I would not not recommend this book. Instead I would highly recommend reading the stories of Sherlock Holmes instead. It is hard not be satisfied after having read one of Arthur Conan Doyle's timeless tales. To me it seems like the better option.

1 comments:

Suhail June 22, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

I read both Volume I and II of the Barnes & Noble Edition of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories about Sherlock Holmes. I was of a very young age when I completed reading the Volumes and really enjoyed the classic mysteries and the deductive skills of Holmes and Watson.

However, I cannot seem to remember any of the short stories. After reading your post, I feel compelled to revisit Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's truly "timeless tales." Thanks for the push.

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP